Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Post #14

CourseSmart has come up with a digital textbook. This allows teachers to track what a student has read and the main concepts the teacher has covered. One problem that they have faced is that the students would make decent grades, but then the teacher would look at the textbook tracking and the student will have only opened the book once. One other issue is that the software wouldn't work some of the time. The teacher realized that the students would still make decent grades without opening the book very much. She was extremely confused by how that worked.

I would wonder how some students would do well on my tests without opening the book very much. I would have some questions if the student was regularly reading, but not doing well on the tests. It would make me think they were just opening the book and not actively reading it.

I would not like this if this were a part of my schooling. Were college students. We don't need someone hovering over us to make sure were doing our readings. That's the whole point of college, is to learn how to do your work on your own and not to have someone holding your hand throughout the whole process.

I would ask the teacher if the grades improved significantly throughout this process.

I would ask the students if they had any freedom in this class.

I would agree with a few of the comments left on there. I don't agree with this type of classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment