Sunday, April 14, 2013

Blog post #12

1. Watch "Teaching History using Virtual Classrooms in Buckinghamshire."



How would you use Virtual Classroom in your own classroom? In what ways are your ways similar to those of Sarah Gould?

I would use Virtual Classroom to share certain documents in history with my students. Virtual Classroom is a good way for the students to be interactive and chat amongst one another that's not unorganized group work. It's also a good way to save paper. When I was in high school my history teachers would want us to look at certain documents or a few pages out of a book, so they would go to the copy machine and print off over 100 copies to give to us. I would look at it maybe one time and throw it away, or put it in my folder with all the other papers I looked at once. Virtual classroom eliminates a lot of those problems. You don't have to go through the trouble of making copies of all these documents, and it prevents clutter. Another great thing about it is that any student can go online whenever they want and look at it.

I like how Sarah Gould uses Virtual Classroom to share certain documents to her classroom. I would probably split them into groups of two like she did so they are not only learning history, they're learning social skills as well.

3 comments:

  1. Shall we go to Buckinghamshire to try out Virtual Classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your post. I think your idea of a virtual classroom is a great idea. Besides saving trees sometimes you just can't keep up with handouts so this provides unlimited access to it at all times. I thought your post was very well written and straight to the point. Keep up the good work and good luck with the last 3 weeks of EDM310.
    Thanks-Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason,
    I like your idea about the online class, I especially like the part how you describe that it would reduce the clutter of a students life and allow them to look at the material whenever they want. This would save trees and time and effort that would, just like you said, is just going to be thrown away anyway. I also liked how you added a video to you post I think you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete