Friday, April 26, 2013

Blog Post #13

1. Mr. Crosby shows in this video that learning can be fun and easy. By using a lot of hands on activities, he showed the students that learning doesn't have to be boring. The hot air balloon activity is a good example of a hands on activity that will entertain and teach the students at the same time. I like how he uses blogs as an interactive way for students to discuss what they learned in class. I hope I'm able to use blogs in my classroom so my students will have a different way to discuss topics that doesn't take up unnecessary class time.

2. The Blended Learning Cycle is online, classroom, and mobile learning all blended together. The cycle it all goes through is engaging, exploring, expanding, explaining and evaluating. Paul Anderson uses this a lot in his classrooms. He asks the students a question and they answer it through the means that he tells them. After that, they look at a video. The video is a great reference for the students to look back on. He then assigns a reading about the topic. Next is review. Review gives him an idea on where the students stand when it comes to subject matter. Mr. Anderson likes to run his classroom like I like coach. I call it "perfection before progression." This means the students can't move on until they understand what they're doing completely in that subject. The final step is a summary test that test them on everything they have learned. I like the way this classroom is set up. One of the main things I like is that the students don't move on to the next subject until they understand the topic they're on.

No comments:

Post a Comment