Sunday, February 17, 2013

Blog Post #5

Mrs. Venosdale is a passionate teacher who thought of what the school of her dreams might be like. If I had a chance to build my own school, it would be a place of open minded learning. We would still have structure and order, but the learning would be a little different than the traditional style of learning. There would be a set of classes that every student would need to take, but they would have more variety to choose from when it comes to electives. It would still be broken up into elementary, middle, and high school, but it would range from k-3, 4-8, then 9-12. Each set of grades would have their own building, with their own themes.

Things like virtual choir is the future of technology. It is truly amazing how people that have never met can make music when they don't even have to be in the same country. I have a feeling that more music will be made and produced like this.

One day, teachers will only be supervisors of learning. Classrooms of the future will be based on technology and teachers won't be phased out, but they won't be used as much. With the way technology is growing, teachers won't be needed as much as they have been in history.

I would definitely invest time in flipping my classroom. It's a more efficient way of teaching and learning because there is more time spent on learning than there is on delivery of the material. I plan on teaching my class this way. This way my students will learn the material in a more efficient way without slipping through the cracks. This is a very effective way to set up your classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jared!!

    I'm a fellow EDM310ner and I just wanted to say that, while your blog is well written, it has no depth to it. Where are the details? Where are your pictures? Where are your headers? Where are your clickable links? I'm not trying to offend, I'm just giving constructive criticism. However, I am intrigued by the little you wrote about your school, tell me more. Help me to invision what you see your school to be.

    I was also tripped out about the virtual choir, but I'm still wondering how all that was put together and in such a unique way...Well, until next time Jared. Nice writing, but put a little more effort into this. Your grade is riding on your own creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Things like virtual choir is the future of technology." there is much more to the future than this. You do not summarize mrs. Venosdale's school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I endorse everything Daphney had to say about your post.

    ReplyDelete